Have you ever wanted to ride your bike more for transportation? Many of the benefits we get from cycling as a sport–exercise, endorphins, being social, getting outdoors–we can also get from cycling as a means of getting where we need to go. Plus, the added benefit of helping the environment.
In this episode, I interview Lisa Corriveau, better known as Spokesmama. She’s a blogger, cycling advocate, and bicycle educator. More importantly, she’s somebody who knows pretty much everything you would ever need to know about bicycling around town.
- How Lisa got started bike commuting (she’d never owned a car!)
- Her involvement as a cycling educator teaching cycling to kids and adult women
- Organizing bike to school or bike to work activities
- How to find good routes for biking safely
- Recommended bikes and gear for commuting
- The benefits of biking as a means of transportation
- Biking in inclement weather
- Bicycling with children
- Cargo bikes and electric bikes