In this episode of Femme Cyclist I sit down with Joanna Zeiger. Joanna is a former Olympian, Ironman world champion, author, coach, and researcher. Yup, there’s pretty much nothing this woman can’t do.
I first became familiar with Joanna after reading her fantastic book, The Champions Mindset – An Athlete’s Guide to Mental Toughness.
Seeing as how we can all use more mental toughness in our lives, I sat down with Joanna to discuss how we as women, can work on developing it. We also talk about racing, overcoming life’s obstacles, and cannabis use in athletes.
Other Stuff We Chat About
- Joanna’s background as a professional athlete
- Her career-ending injury and her experience living with chronic pain
- Advice for women who just want to get started racing
- Why you should have a coach and what to look for
- What one thing you can do to improve your mental toughness
- What self-handicapping is and what you can do to overcome it
- Why you should race hard whether you’re in first place or last place