Something you hear very little about in the mainstream cycling media is motherhood. And yet, pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, and caring for little humans all have a profound impact on our bodies and our relationship with the bike.
To talk about some of these issues, I’ve brought in Ali Frendin, who runs Mountain Bike Mamas. She has lots of insight on pelvic floor health, getting back on the bike after childbirth, and the psychological impact of motherhood.
If you are a mom (or are thinking of becoming a mom), you’ll want to listen to this episode.
Things We Chat About In This Episode
- Riding during pregnancy including the decision on whether or not to ride, things you need to do to keep your baby safe, and the physical changes we go thru.
- Pelvic floor health and how to get help.
- Getting back on the bike after childbirth and why you shouldn’t rush back.
- Mom guilt, exhaustion, and other reasons motherhood keeps us from getting back on the bike.
- Breasteeding and weaning and how both affect our performance.
- Biking with our kids.
Connect With Ali/MTB Mamas
Connect With Femme Cyclist
- IG: @femme_cyclist
- FB Group: Femme Cyclist Community
- IG: @kristenlbonkoski