In this episode, I interview Georgena Terry, THE first person to market bikes designed for women. She’s the founder of Terry Precision Bicycles and a pioneer in the bike industry. Her most recent venture is Georgena Terry, a hand-built steel bicycle brand.
We talk about the origin of Terry, why women’s-specific bicycle design is important, and how despite everything that she’s accomplished, she’s always prioritized time on the bicycle.
Georgena is an absolute force of nature and an inspiration for all women. You don’t want to miss this interview.
Connect with Georgena:
Other Things We Chat About In This Episode
- Who Georgena Terry was before Terry Bicycles
- How she learned to build bikes
- Why bikes designed specifically for women are important
- The benefits of smaller wheels
- The link between stubbornness and confidence
- How the bike industry is still letting women down
- How the bicycle and environmentalist go hand-in-hand
Where To Listen
Connect With Georgena
- GeorgenaTerry.com: https://georgenaterry.com/
- Georgena on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/georgenaterry/
More Episodes You Might Like
- Why You Should Invest In A Professional Bike Fit With Natalie Collins
- On Being A Woman In The Bike Industry With Sarah Johnson
- The Groundbreaking Science Of Women Athletes With Christine Yu
About The Host
Kristen Bonkoski is the founder and owner of Femme Cyclist.
An avid cyclist for a few decades now, she took to cycling during her late teen years — a time when she needed something to help boost her self-esteem and confidence.
Mission accomplished, the sport has become an important part of her life. Kristen’s favorite disciplines are mountain biking and bike commuting, although you can also find her cranking out a century on her road bike and touring with her husband and son. If it has to do with two wheels, she enjoys doing it.
Kristen is a certified USA Cycling coach, and she runs Rascal Rides, a website about biking with kids.
Are You Listening To The Femme Cyclist Podcast?!?
A podcast for women who love bicycles! We we celebrate all forms of riding and all forms of women, so whether you’re a road cyclist, mountain biker, or bike commuter, you’ll find your community here. Each week we’ll week bring you interviews from inspiring women, and offer tips and tricks to help you thrive on the bike.